The Friends of the Community Learning Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that raises private funds and public awareness for the Community Learning Center (CLC), which is a division of the Department of Human Service Programs, City of Cambridge, MA. CLC provides free adult basic education to more than 1,000 people each year.
What We Do
- Seek grants from foundations and businesses
- Organize fundraising activities
- Provide steady financial support through memberships
- Increase public awareness and support of the Community Learning Center
- Serve as an advisory group for the Community Learning Center and CLC programs
Where the Money Goes
- Buy new computers
- Staff additional courses
- Hire and train computer aides
- Provide scholarships for students continuing their education
- Provide budgetary stability through interim funding
Who We’re Helping
- More than 1,000 adult immigrants and other residents of Cambridge needing educational support every year
- 40+ languages represented
- 70+ countries represented
Join us in supporting the invaluable work of the Community Learning Center and its dedicated staff.
About the Friends of Community Learning Center from Friends of CLC on Vimeo.